W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html@w3.org > July 2012

Re: Updating Change Proposals for ISSUE-195 form-http-req

From: Cameron Jones <cmhjones@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 17:16:11 +0100
Message-ID: <CALGrgesvZ2g1Qj8z0eDouiM7nQkHasVy4wdG7fhEvaUvpJF3uQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Cc: "public-html@w3.org WG" <public-html@w3.org>
On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:
> On 07/26/2012 11:30 AM, Cameron Jones wrote:
>> If
>> the counter-proposal is not updated then i must assume by inference
>> that the concerns have been addressed and an effective consensus has
>> been achieved.
> I disagree.  Until and unless a proposal is withdrawn, we don't make that
> assumption.
> If you can get the author of the alternate proposal to withdraw his
> proposal, we will proceed to a call for consensus on your proposal.  If
> neither of you withdraw your proposal, we will proceed to a survey, and make
> a decision based on the objections presented in response to that survey.
> - Sam Ruby

Ok, the stretch from lack of unaddressed objection to consensus is a
leap in assumption.

If Ted wishes to withdraw his proposal i will leave that up to him to
decide on those merits. I find the progression to survey to be a
valued one and as such, based on no further developments, i agree with
this being the next step.

I will be offline for a week from mid-next. I would the time between
now and then to go through the proposal once more after which i will
confirm the proposal ready for survey.

Cameron Jones
Received on Thursday, 26 July 2012 16:16:43 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Saturday, 9 October 2021 18:45:54 UTC