W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > July to September 2009

Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-13

From: Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 16:25:34 -0400
Message-ID: <4A83253E.2000201@w3.org>
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
CC: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, Cynthia Shelly <cyns@exchange.microsoft.com>, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
I would like to request an addition to the agenda: creation of an HTML
Accessibility Task Force. The PFWG has been discussing HTML
accessibility issues in a sub-group but would like to join this up with
members of the HTML WG so we can discuss issues more directly within
this channel. A goal would be to have specific focused work, and to use
this as a primary vehicle to support some of the work that has been
going on recently. The discussion would be on the public record.

We have put together a draft work statement for this task force at
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/html-task-force. We would like input from the
HTML WG on it and hopefully approve the creation of this as as a joint
task force of the two working groups.

Michael

Sam Ruby wrote:
> The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
> 2009-08-13 for 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.
>
>          http://timeanddate.com/s/1bc8
>
> Tokyo 01:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 18:00, London/Dublin 17:00, New
> Jersey/York 12 noon, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.
>
> I (Sam Ruby) will chair this meeting.  We are looking for a scribe.
>
> Dial-in and IRC details:
>
>      Zakim teleconference bridge
>       +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, +44.117.370.6152
>       code: HTML (4865)
>
>      Supplementary IRC chat (logged)
>        #html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80
>
> Agenda:
>
> 1) remind everybody that there is a poll going on:
>
>    http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/wd08/
>
> 2) review of open action items, based on target dates
>
>    http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/agenda#act_by_iss
>
> 3) review of pending review action items
>
>    http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/agenda#pending%20review_action
>
> 4) review of raised action items that have been identified as
>    candidates for closure at this time.
>
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/0569.html
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/0574.html
>
> Additions to the agenda are welcome. If you plan to attend the telcon
> and wish to place an item on the agenda, please reply to this message
> with your agenda request.
>
> Additional details on agenda items 2, 3, and 4 can be found below.
>
> =open=
>
> Last week we had a full teleconference (literally: people were being
> turned away).  These people's time is precious: for items that the
> status is "we're continuing to work it, I'll report back in n-weeks" I
> am going to continue to do like I did last week and preemptively move
> the date back a week.  This week that affects:
>
> Action-108/Larry Masinter/html-versioning
> Action-103/Julian Reschke/doctype-legacy-compat
> Action-86/Julian Reschke/urls-webarch
>
> Remaining items:
>
> Issue-35/Action-114 aria-processing
> My understanding is that the ARIA TF has answers to the questions that
> are blocking Ian's progress, but has a policy that prevents them from
> sharing these answers.  I've raised this issue with Phillipe.  I need
> somebody to tell me what I need to do to unblock this or I will
> continue to escalate further.
>
> Issue-32/Action-128 table-summary
> Cynthia has provided to me a draft for discussion purposes, we need to
> work out the mechanics.  More specifically, I botched a merge last
> time and I need somebody to look over what I produced this time and
> simply say "yes, that's what I intended".  I've place my intermediate
> results here:
>
>   http://intertwingly.net/tmp/cynthia/pf-summary-3.html
>
> Issue-74/Action-133 canvas-accessibility
> This item is not due this week, but I'm choosing to flag it at this
> time as it as a target date of 2009-12-17 which would preclude us for
> going to Last Call this year.  I'd like to put out a call for
> volunteers: if there is anybody out there with an interest and ability
> to help pull this date in, I would like to ask that they step forward.
>
> = pending review =
>
> Action-34 authoring guide
> I suggest closing this item, and treat the status of the H:TML as not
> ready for publication yet, per:
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/0012.html
>
> Action-106: test suite coordination
> It is not clear what I need to review.  Suggest closing.
>
> Action-115: TPAC participants signup
> I take it that all that remains is for someone to send a note to
> public-html?  If so, I'll gladly do it and then close this action.
>
> Issue-4/Action-129 html-versioning
> Larry has indicated that he believes that this action is complete and
> recommends that it be closed.  I concur.   (Note: action 108 on this
> same issue is still open).
>
> =raised=
>
> After a long gestation process, we hopefully are in our last trimester
> before what will likely be our first last call.  The issues list --
> the very subject of our the weekly call -- will be that last hurdle.
>
> The goal isn't perfection, the goal is the best we can do.  In the
> process, we've identified a number of potential issues that over an
> extended period of time absolutely nobody has thought important enough
> to make a concrete proposal or even gather up some relevant data.
> Maciej has identified a number of such issues, namely:
>
> issue-5: button-type-radio
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/5
>
> issue-6: videoaudio
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/6
>
> issue-9: video-synchronization
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/9
>
> issue-10: video-smil
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/10
>
> issue-11: default-encoding
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/11
>
> issue-12: test-case-file-names
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/12
>
> issue-16: offline-applications-sql
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/16
>
> issue-17: media-queries-tab-preprocessing
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/17
>
> issue-26: accessibility/usability of HTML5 and W3C default stylesheets
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/26
>
> issue-34: commonality
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/34
>
> issue-36: client-side-storage-sql
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/36
>
> issue-37: html-svg-mathml
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/37
>
> issue-38: style-attr-syntax
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/38
>
> issue-43: client-side image maps
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/43
>
> Additionally, the following issue either needs to be closed or an
> action item needs to be created.
>
> issue-20: table-headers
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/20
>
> Closing this issue by opening a bugzilla item on the newly minted
> testsuite component is fine with me.  This suggestion may also apply
> to issue-12.
>
> Items that are closed may be reopened at future dates if new
> information and -- more importantly -- owners step forward to accept
> on action items that have a reasonable promise of making progress on
> these items.
>
> - Sam Ruby
>
>

-- 

Michael Cooper
Web Accessibility Specialist
World Wide Web Consortium, Web Accessibility Initiative
E-mail cooper@w3.org <mailto:cooper@w3.org>
Information Page <http://www.w3.org/People/cooper/>
Received on Wednesday, 12 August 2009 20:26:45 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 19 February 2014 13:57:51 UTC