W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > July to September 2009

Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-13

From: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 09:53:14 -0700
Message-Id: <p0624081cc6a8a3d8d0c7@[17.202.35.52]>
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Cc: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
I regret that I expect to be late, or maybe too late, for the 
call....I'll do my best to move fast.


At 10:25  -0400 12/08/09, Sam Ruby wrote:
>The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
>2009-08-13 for 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.
>
>          http://timeanddate.com/s/1bc8
>
>Tokyo 01:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 18:00, London/Dublin 17:00, New
>Jersey/York 12 noon, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.
>
>I (Sam Ruby) will chair this meeting.  We are looking for a scribe.
>
>Dial-in and IRC details:
>
>      Zakim teleconference bridge
>       +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, +44.117.370.6152
>       code: HTML (4865)
>
>      Supplementary IRC chat (logged)
>        #html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80
>
>Agenda:
>
>1) remind everybody that there is a poll going on:
>
>    http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/wd08/
>
>2) review of open action items, based on target dates
>
>    http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/agenda#act_by_iss
>
>3) review of pending review action items
>
>    http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/agenda#pending%20review_action
>
>4) review of raised action items that have been identified as
>    candidates for closure at this time.
>
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/0569.html
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/0574.html
>
>Additions to the agenda are welcome. If you plan to attend the telcon
>and wish to place an item on the agenda, please reply to this message
>with your agenda request.
>
>Additional details on agenda items 2, 3, and 4 can be found below.
>
>=open=
>
>Last week we had a full teleconference (literally: people were being 
>turned away).  These people's time is precious: for items that the 
>status is "we're continuing to work it, I'll report back in n-weeks" 
>I am going to continue to do like I did last week and preemptively 
>move the date back a week.  This week that affects:
>
>Action-108/Larry Masinter/html-versioning
>Action-103/Julian Reschke/doctype-legacy-compat
>Action-86/Julian Reschke/urls-webarch
>
>Remaining items:
>
>Issue-35/Action-114 aria-processing
>My understanding is that the ARIA TF has answers to the questions 
>that are blocking Ian's progress, but has a policy that prevents 
>them from sharing these answers.  I've raised this issue with 
>Phillipe.  I need somebody to tell me what I need to do to unblock 
>this or I will continue to escalate further.
>
>Issue-32/Action-128 table-summary
>Cynthia has provided to me a draft for discussion purposes, we need 
>to work out the mechanics.  More specifically, I botched a merge 
>last time and I need somebody to look over what I produced this time 
>and simply say "yes, that's what I intended".  I've place my 
>intermediate results here:
>
>   http://intertwingly.net/tmp/cynthia/pf-summary-3.html
>
>Issue-74/Action-133 canvas-accessibility
>This item is not due this week, but I'm choosing to flag it at this 
>time as it as a target date of 2009-12-17 which would preclude us 
>for going to Last Call this year.  I'd like to put out a call for 
>volunteers: if there is anybody out there with an interest and 
>ability to help pull this date in, I would like to ask that they 
>step forward.
>
>= pending review =
>
>Action-34 authoring guide
>I suggest closing this item, and treat the status of the H:TML as 
>not ready for publication yet, per:
>
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/0012.html
>
>Action-106: test suite coordination
>It is not clear what I need to review.  Suggest closing.
>
>Action-115: TPAC participants signup
>I take it that all that remains is for someone to send a note to 
>public-html?  If so, I'll gladly do it and then close this action.
>
>Issue-4/Action-129 html-versioning
>Larry has indicated that he believes that this action is complete 
>and recommends that it be closed.  I concur.   (Note: action 108 on 
>this same issue is still open).
>
>=raised=
>
>After a long gestation process, we hopefully are in our last 
>trimester before what will likely be our first last call.  The 
>issues list -- the very subject of our the weekly call -- will be 
>that last hurdle.
>
>The goal isn't perfection, the goal is the best we can do.  In the 
>process, we've identified a number of potential issues that over an 
>extended period of time absolutely nobody has thought important 
>enough to make a concrete proposal or even gather up some relevant 
>data. Maciej has identified a number of such issues, namely:
>
>issue-5: button-type-radio
>http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/5
>
>issue-6: videoaudio
>http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/6
>
>issue-9: video-synchronization
>http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/9
>
>issue-10: video-smil
>http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/10
>
>issue-11: default-encoding
>http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/11
>
>issue-12: test-case-file-names
>http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/12
>
>issue-16: offline-applications-sql
>http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/16
>
>issue-17: media-queries-tab-preprocessing
>http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/17
>
>issue-26: accessibility/usability of HTML5 and W3C default stylesheets
>http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/26
>
>issue-34: commonality
>http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/34
>
>issue-36: client-side-storage-sql
>http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/36
>
>issue-37: html-svg-mathml
>http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/37
>
>issue-38: style-attr-syntax
>http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/38
>
>issue-43: client-side image maps
>http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/43
>
>Additionally, the following issue either needs to be closed or an 
>action item needs to be created.
>
>issue-20: table-headers
>http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/20
>
>Closing this issue by opening a bugzilla item on the newly minted 
>testsuite component is fine with me.  This suggestion may also apply 
>to issue-12.
>
>Items that are closed may be reopened at future dates if new 
>information and -- more importantly -- owners step forward to accept 
>on action items that have a reasonable promise of making progress on 
>these items.
>
>- Sam Ruby


-- 
David Singer
Multimedia Standards, Apple Inc.
Received on Wednesday, 12 August 2009 16:55:46 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 19 February 2014 13:57:51 UTC