RDFa example with role attibute

From: Fabien Gandon <Fabien.Gandon@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 17:26:24 +0100
To: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
CC: public-grddl-wg <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>, Ben Adida <ben@mit.edu>

Ivan, Harry,

You both sent me an email about the fact that the RDFa2RDF.xsl
stylesheet does not handle role="...". However, searching through the
RDFa Primer [1] and Syntax [2] document I couldn't find a mention of
this use of the role="..." attribute. I am copying Ben here in case I
missed something. So not knowing where this role attribute came from, I
decided to rewrite one of your examples as I would have written it from
scratch.
I took the Jane' schedule from Harry [3] and rewrote it:

The new RDFa input file is available:
http://www-sop.inria.fr/acacia/fabien/tmp/grddl/rdfaprimer/janeschedule.html

The output I obtained is available here and as far as I can tell it
looks like what you wanted:
http://www-sop.inria.fr/acacia/fabien/tmp/grddl/rdfaprimer/janeschedule.rdf

The RDFa to RDF/XML stylesheet is still the one online on my site:
http://www-sop.inria.fr/acacia/soft/RDFa2RDFXML.xsl

Hope this helps,

Regards,

PS: I will be in the desert until Tuesday noon i.e. I won't be able to
react before Tuesday afternoon GMT time.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/primer/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/syntax/
[3] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/doc29/janeschedule.html

Harry Halpin:
> I also completed my action to move Jane's schedule to RDFa - see my
> doing so at [2].
>
> However, it appears Fabien's RDFa2RDF.xml stylesheet does not handle
> role="cal:Vevent" (I was just trying to follow the RDFa Primer latest
> draft [3], which proceeds to mess up the output in RDF/XML and so the
> results don't graph merge properly. As Fabien is out of town and Ben is
> busy, I suggest that we not put RDFa to the Primer till someone who
> knows RDFa can actually sort this out, although this is not in the
> critical path to Last Call. Am I wrong or is Fabien wrong or is the RDFa
> Primer wrong?
>
> [1]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/grddl-charter.html
> [2]http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/doc29/janeschedule.html
> [3]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/primer/#publishing-an-event