W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-forms@w3.org > May 2009

TELECON AGENDA - 27 May 2009

From: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 20:58:30 -0700
To: public-forms@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF8CFE5585.5D717C73-ON882575C3.0015BD92-882575C3.0015CF57@ca.ibm.com>
Regrets so far: None
Start Time: 10:45am Eastern US (15:45Z, except 14:45Z during US DST)
Duration: 90 minutes

Previous minutes: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009May/0039.html
IRC supplement: http://www.w3.org/2009/05/20-forms-minutes.html

Minute takers rotation list, when not done by Leigh:
Steven, Erik, MarkB, Ulrich/Sebastian, Charlie, Kenneth, Nick

Raman?, Susan?, Rafael/Rogelio? 

AGENDA ITEMS:
=============
* = be ready to discuss
+ = discuss time permitting

Reports, Etc.
-------------
Upcoming telecons

* XForms 1.1
- Implementation report progress/completion tasks (below)

* Next FtF
(Anti)Register: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/32219/formsabsence2009/
- Agenda development exercise

The Forms Newsletter/News items

XForms Basic 1.0, 1.1

Rich Web Application Backplane


Action Items
------------
Action Item List:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009May/0031.html

Administrative Issues
---------------------
Fix our shortname issue
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2007Nov/0096.html
http://www.w3.org/2005/05/tr-versions

W3C Spec matrix
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Nov/0071.html
- Discussed on Nov. 26, 2008


PROGRESS ON WORKING GROUP GOALS
===============================
* Issue Classification
----------------------

* XForms 1.1 Completion
-----------------------
Issues
- - - -

Test suite changes
- - - - - - - - - - 
- W3C license addition

- Non-XHTML in test suite
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Apr/0011.html

Fixes to six Ch. 5 tests
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009May/0041.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009May/0046.html

Fix to Ch. 6 constraint test
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009May/0042.html

Fix three binding exception tests in Ch. 7
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009May/0043.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009May/0049.html

Deleting a test in Ch. 10
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009May/0047.html

Fix two Ch. 11 submission tests 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009May/0050.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009May/0048.html
 
- What are the remaining obstacles to XForms 1.1 advancement?

 
Advancing XForms for HTML
-------------------------
- Assertions
- Examples
- Test Suite

- Rationalization of XForms for HTML, RDFa, and ARIA
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Mar/0044.html
 
* XForms 1.2 Features
---------------------
Need to discuss from standpoint of recharter
Need to discuss statement of requirements
Need to prioritize features into versions

- Context everywhere, context on bind
- Data driven switch
- case()
- Better expression of default trigger
- submissions that put and get binary resources
- setting submission method default to "get"
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Feb/0065.html
- Ability to suppress RRRR on submission completion
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Mar/0007.html
- Lazy authoring improvement: empty instance exists even if no refs

- repeat and relevance/enabled/disabled
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2009Mar/0007.html


Review Possibilities:
JSON submissions?
submission to a "new" window?
mediatype="text/html" on textarea for rich text content?
XML Events 2?
Dialogs?
Model improvements (optional, nested, external/src, exceptions)?
UI event notification improvements?
Create node action?
Setting event contextinfo as part of dispatch?
See older issues below?

Analyzing Modularization for AJAX Programmers
---------------------------------------------

Modularization of XForms based on markup seemed at one point a necessary 
step of decoupling modules against which APIs could be written. 
However, the working group now wants to approach the problem by starting 
with the needed APIs and letting the modularization requirements follow.

XForms 2.0
----------

Refactor dependencies to detect automatic rebuild conditions and reduce 
circular dependencies
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008May/att-0069/2008-05-28.html#topic6

Review possibilities

Older issues
------------
Currency data values, etc.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Sep/0041.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Sep/0043.html

Validity notification on initial or hidden data
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2008May/0015.html
- Isn't it about time we add an xforms-control-initialize event?
- Seems we need it for modularization to work right
- Defer to face to face meeting

The xforms-link-exception
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2008Aug/0001.html
Discussed Aug. 20, 2008. Need to dispatch xforms-link-error to 
instance rather than link-exception to model. For legacy, if the
link-error bubbles up to model, it could throw link-exception, but
then the author can prevent the exception by cancelling the error
Note: xforms-link-error is not currently cancellable
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2008Aug/0003.html

xforms-submit-done response-body and host language submission result 
targeting
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008May/0048.html
Discussed 21 May 2008; perhaps only for replace="none"
Concern was about efficiency.  Could add "want-response-body" default 
false in
xforms-submit, then if turned true the response-body would be non-empty in 
the
xforms-submit-done.  Host language could then push response-body content 
to
a new window.

xforms-submit-serialize receives empty submission-body value
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Nov/0061.html
Discussed 03 Dec 2008; decided to allow future version feature that
helps control whether submission body is empty on start
Context info of xforms-submit could provide a writable flag


=============================================

[[Magic for irc channel:

/invite zakim
zakim, this will be forms
/invite rrsagent
rrsagent, make log public

Meeting: Weekly Forms WG Teleconference
Agenda: <url of this message>
Chair: <whoever>
Scribe: <whoever> (use exact IRC name, or add "scribenick: irc_name")
Regrets: <name>, <name>, ...
Topic: <topic 1>
... minutes ...
Resolution: ... resolution ...
Topic: <topic 2>
...
ACTION: <someone> to <something>
...

Use sed edits to fix previous lines, like s/Steve/Steven/

*** AT THE END OF THE CALL, rrsagent will list the actions by typing
actions?

*** Zakim will announce who was present by typing
zakim, bye

*** rrsagent dismissal
rrsagent, make minutes
rrsagent, bye

*** If someone by chance dismisses rrsagent before the minutes
*** are made, just invite rrsagent back

]]
Received on Wednesday, 27 May 2009 03:59:10 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 1 October 2013 22:06:51 UTC