RE: SKOS Core second review

Not sure I agree with the comment, "The editorialNote seems to mix up
audience and function, and could be replaced by usage of either
skos:historyNote or skos:changeNote with the appropriate audience
attached to it."

It is called Editorial Note because typically it deals with some matter
that needs editorial housekeeping attention. So in one sense it is
intended for a particular audience, but only because of its intrinsic
*function*, namely to assist good maintenance of the vocabulary. (That's
the way I use it, anyway) I would not want to see it mixed up with
History Notes or Change Notes. History Notes are intended to help users
choose the right formulation of search terms, so they need to see them;
Editorial Notes need to be kept out of sight in normal usage, to avoid
confusion.

Cheers
Stella

Stella Dextre Clarke
Information Consultant
Luke House, West Hendred, Wantage, Oxon, OX12 8RR, UK
Tel: 01235-833-298
Fax: 01235-863-298
SDClarke@LukeHouse.demon.co.uk