Re: [dxwg] Consider use of adms:identifier instead of prof:token (#453)

From: Andrea Perego via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2019 22:23:48 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@nicholascar , @rob-metalinkage , I think the fact that this is a "preferred" token should be clarified in the property definition itself. Otherwise, readers will discover it only if they check the mapping with VANN - and they may be also confused, because of [the current the definition of `prof:hasToken`](https://w3c.github.io/dxwg/profilesont/#Property:hasToken) - quoting:

> A property for identifying this Profile for use in APIs

I would therefore suggest what follows:

- Revise the definition of `prof:hasToken` with something like:

  > The preferred token for identifying a Profile, alternatively to its URI

- Revise the usage note, e.g., with

  > This property indicates the preferred token that identifies a Profile whenever the Profile's URI cannot be used. For potential use in content negotiation.

  BTW, I think the usage note should be expanded, to offer further clarification, possibly with an example. As it is, it is not completely clear what it is about.

- Consider making it explicit in the property name that this is the "preferred" token. Something like `prof:hasPreferredToken`

- Consider also adding in the table with the property definition the relationship with `vann:preferredNamespacePrefix`

--
GitHub Notification of comment by andrea-perego
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/453#issuecomment-469882591 using your GitHub account