W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > September 2013

Agenda - Distributed Meeting 4 Sept 2013

From: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 19:39:23 +0000
To: <public-device-apis@w3.org>
CC: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Message-ID: <1CB2E0B458B211478C85E11A404A2B2702DE7B24@008-AM1MPN1-034.mgdnok.nokia.com>
Agenda  Device APIs Working Group  Distributed Meeting 4 September 2013

Meeting details at the bottom of this email.

1) Welcome, agenda review, scribe selection, announcements

Reminder:  No DAP F2F at TPAC. 

a new Working Draft of Media Capture and Streams has just been published: http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-mediacapture-streams-20130903/  ;  http://www.w3.org/TR/mediacapture-streams/

2) Minutes approval

Approve minutes from 21 August 2013 

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Aug/att-0048/minutes-2013-08-21.html

proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 21 August 2013 are approved

3) Proximity and Light

LC-2739 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Aug/0055.html

Proximity CR CfC (5 Sept deadline) http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Aug/0054.html

Light CR CfC (5 Sept deadline) http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Aug/0056.html

using WebIDL's  "conforming IDL fragment" conformance class (Barstow, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Aug/0059.html)

4) Vibration

Remaining questions/comments:

Question/Comment on CR draft: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Jul/0050.html

Question Vibration and iframes, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Jul/0055.html

Question: Vibration strength http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Aug/0040.html

Supporting strength (Marcos) http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Aug/0062.html

5)  Network Discovery

Web & TV IG review, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Aug/0063.html

Re-Opened ISSUE-130, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Aug/0053.html (discuss next week 4 Sept)

ISSUE-131 comment, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Aug/0066.html (Tatsuya Igarashi )

Editor update on issues and WD publication preparation

6) HTML Media Capture

Update on testing, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Aug/0065.html (Dom)

7) Teleconference schedule

Proposal: Changing meeting time from Wed to Thur (same time), https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2013Aug/0000.html

if so, propose to cancel:  24 Oct, 28 Nov and 26 Dec.

8) Action Review

http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/open

ACTION-523: Anssi Kostiainen to Work on test cases for battery, vibration, and HTML Media Capture

ACTION-642: Dominique Hazael-Massieux to Review proximity and ambient light test cases

ACTION-643: Anssi Kostiainen to Review Ambient Light and Proximity test cases by Sept

ACTION-645: Frederick Hirsch to Share Network Service Discovery editors draft with PING

ACTION-649: Anssi Kostiainen to Review todo items associated with battery test cases

Pending Review

ACTION-621: Anssi Kostiainen to Create test cases for HTML Media Capture

ACTION-646: Frederick Hirsch to Organize joint call with web and tv group re network service discovery

ACTION-647: Frederick Hirsch to Send cfc to progress light to cr, two week cfc

ACTION-648: Frederick Hirsch to Send cfc to progress proxmity to cr, two week cfc

9) Issue Review

Network Service Discovery and Proximity/Light issues listed earlier in agenda.

ISSUE-128 : Need more description on how bandwidth should be estimated ; on [Network Information API]  http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/128 

ISSUE-130 : Enable variety of protocols (e.g. UPnP, Bonour) with protocol independent developer code ; on [Network Service Discovery]  http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/130 

ISSUE-131 : Support UPnP device discovery by Device Type? ; on [Network Service Discovery] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/131 

ISSUE-133 : Fix UPnP events subscription and unsubscription ; on [Network Service Discovery]  http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/133 

ISSUE-134 : Rename NetworkServices and NetworkService events ; on [Network Service Discovery] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/134  

completed change to address issue

ISSUE-146 : Add vibration strength control ; on [Vibration API]  http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/146 

ISSUE-147 : Reference 'Requirements for Home Networking Scenarios' in Introduction ; on [Network Service Discovery]  http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/147 

10)  Other Business

New editors draft of getUserMedia, http://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/archives/20130824/getusermedia.html

11) Adjourn

Meeting Details:

Zakim Bridge: +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, or +44.117.370.6152
Conference code: 3279 ("DAPW", or "EASY")
IRC channel: 
irc://irc.w3.org:6667/dap

Instructions on meetings : 
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/#meetings

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair, W3C DAP Working Group
Received on Tuesday, 3 September 2013 19:42:07 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 23 October 2017 14:54:00 UTC