Re: Vibration API strength (weaker/stronger)

On Monday, 19 August 2013 at 15:44, Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com (mailto:Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com) wrote:

> Please note that varying vibration strength may be beyond the goals of this specification. The introduction states:
>
> "The API is specifically designed to address use cases that require simple tactile feedback only. Use cases requiring more fine-grained control are out of scope for this specification. This API is not meant to be used as a generic notification mechanism. "
>
> It seems that varying strength is a complication that is not needed to provide 'simple tactile feedback. What is the use case for adding vibration strength and which implementations would support this?
>
> regards, Frederick

FWIW, I think this would be a worthwhile addition in a future version of the specification. This seems particularly useful for games, alarms, etc. - basically anything that provides some kind of varying tactile feedback or notification. Solving this with what looks like pulse modulation as Michael van Ouwerk suggested is also a cool idea, but I don't know how sensitive/controllable vibration hardware is.

--
Marcos Caceres