[vibration] comment on 20130723 CR, section 4 #3 and #5

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 10:01:53 +0200
To: "DAP public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Hi DAP WG,

I have a comment about the Vibration API CR:

If I understand them correctly, section 4 items 3 and 5 say that the
requested vibration are entirely dropped in case of overflow beyond
implementation-dependent limits. So let's say an app calls

   navigator.vibrate([50, 100, 150, 100, 150]);

but the device is unable to handle a list of more than 3 values,
the device will not vibrate at all. Why that choice and not a
truncated list? Same thing for the duration of a vibration or silence,
why not a fallback to the implementation limit?
It seems to me that getting absolutely no result based on an
unpredictable device dependency is not something that developers will
like...

</Daniel>