Re: Link Header draft

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:57:03 +0100
To: "Stefan Eissing" <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de>, "Nottingham Mark" <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 13:56:31 +0100, Stefan Eissing
<stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de> wrote:
>> On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 09:58:35 +0100, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
>> wrote:
>>> Oh - and there's also already an Atom link relations IANA registry, so
>>> it would require a certain amount of coordination.
>>>
>>> What do others think? Should there be a single, flat link relation
>>> registry?
>>
>> http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/RelExtensions
>
> It makes sense to keep a list at a known, stable location, which then
> references the defining documents/standards.

Isn't that exactly what the link above does? (It's not entirely clear to
me, as you don't elaborate much on "known", "stable location" etc.)

> Making a FCFS IANA as in http://www.iana.org/assignments/http-parameters
> would work, although it looks a bit twentycentury.

One idea Ian Hickson had would be to set up a web service somewhere on
whatwg.org which people could use to add new values, which validators
could use to update their list, etc.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>