Re: Feature request.

Dave,

Thanks for you input. Like Jeremias, I'm also unsure what we should add to
the spec to allow PDF inclusing. XSL-FO currently is agnostic about the
image format.

In the XSL-FO 2.0 requirements document, we have added a requirement to
allow including of multi-page image formats. See
http://www.w3.org/TR/xslfo20-req/#N66993 for the exact wording.

Is there anything else that you expect to be done as a new feature?

Thanks,
-----
Klaas Bals  -  CTO
Inventive Designers
Direct Phone: +32 - 3 - 8210183
Office Phone: +32 - 3 - 8210170
Office Fax: +32 - 3 - 8210171
Email: Klaas_Bals@inventivegroup.com
http://www.inventivedesigners.com

http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/stable/extensions.html#external-document

> But then it should also be noted, that including PDF for any output
> format may not always be easy to implement. You basically need a full
> PDF interpreter if you're not generating PDF. But that's for the
> implementors.
>
> MathML is also already listed in the requirements document:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xslfo20-req/#N67175
>
> On 04.11.2008 13:50:35 Dave Pawson wrote:
> >
> > Having come up today on the W3C xsl-fo list, as well as previously on
> > the docbook list;
> > Please consider direct inclusion of PDF content into fo for some
> future draft.
> >
> > How you constrain it I'll leave to you!
> >
> > Repeating an off list comment to Liam,
> > please consider mathml inclusion, processed perhaps in a similar
> manner to SVG.
> >

> > TIA
> >

> > --
> > Dave Pawson
> > XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.
> > Docbook FAQ.
> > http://www.dpawson.co.uk
>

> Cheers,
> Jeremias Märki
> Jeremias Märki, Software-Development and Consulting
> Contact Information: http://www.jeremias-maerki.ch/contact.html
> Blog: http://www.jeremias-maerki.ch/blog/
>

> --
> believed to be clean.