Re: Feature request.

PDF in which constellation? Do you mean including single pages of a PDF
as fo:external-graphic? I think that's already in the requirements for
2.0: http://www.w3.org/TR/xslfo20-req/#N66993

Some implementations already support including PDF. There's no need for
an explicit specification, except maybe recommendations on how to select
individual pages for multi-page documents like TIFF or PDF (for example
via URI's <query> or <fragment> parts). And that's what the above
requirement is about.

I wouldn't single out PDF here as there are potentially many other
formats that could also be listed: XPS, Mars (PDFXML), AFP....

A rather interesting feature in this context would also be the ability
to include a whole external (multi-page) document (or a subset) as a
page sequence. I've implemented that as an extension for Apache FOP:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/stable/extensions.html#external-document

But then it should also be noted, that including PDF for any output
format may not always be easy to implement. You basically need a full
PDF interpreter if you're not generating PDF. But that's for the
implementors.

MathML is also already listed in the requirements document:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xslfo20-req/#N67175

On 04.11.2008 13:50:35 Dave Pawson wrote:

> Having come up today on the W3C xsl-fo list, as well as previously on
> the docbook list;
> Please consider direct inclusion of PDF content into fo for some future draft.
>
> How you constrain it I'll leave to you!
>
> Repeating an off list comment to Liam,
> please consider mathml inclusion, processed perhaps in a similar manner to SVG.
>

> TIA
>

> --
> Dave Pawson
> XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.
> Docbook FAQ.
> http://www.dpawson.co.uk

Cheers,
Jeremias Märki
Jeremias Märki, Software-Development and Consulting
Contact Information: http://www.jeremias-maerki.ch/contact.html
Blog: http://www.jeremias-maerki.ch/blog/