Re: escape-uri-attributes

Hi,

According to section 2.4.2 of RFC 2396 an URI is always in escaped form.
This means that reserved characters, which are not used in their normal
URI function, as well as disallowed characters must be encoded in order
to have a valid URI.
When the path segements are presented or interpreted in an environment
they may be decoded.
As a consequence, I think URIs should always be serialised in escaped form,
otherwise you're not serialising URIs. I therefore fail to see to the use of
the escape-uri-attributes attribute. Also in HTML and XHTML URIs must be
in escaped form, otherwise they are not URIs and validation should fail.
Only the processor of the HTML or XHTML file may unescape an URI during
some kind of interpretation.

Regards,

Werner.

--