Re: Calabash slow from command line

Oxygen does take quite a while to start up.

eliminating my pipeline itself from the timing I’m not sure that I can blame just the startup of the JVM maybe the time to load Calabash is huge compared to just Saxon? Oxygen is certainly much longer than just Saxon.
For example doing
java -cp "../BuildDependencies/xmlcalabash-1.2.1-99/*:../BuildDependencies/xmlcalabash-1.2.1-99/lib/*” com.xmlcalabash.drivers.Main
takes about 11 seconds to return the help info
where
java -jar ../BuildDependencies/SaxonHE9-9-1-7J/saxon9he.jar
is around .75 seconds to return it’s help info

I’ll look at piperack but I think I’d have to rework my pipeline a bit to use it. Right now it grabs a directory listing of a bunch of files and iterates over them. It also outputs interim results. My first quick read of piperack sounds like I would have to move the looping outside of XProc and maybe split the piple into several so that the interim results could be returned from a standalone pipeline.
Am I misreading piperack?