Re: Calabash slow from command line

From: Norman Tovey-Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2020 15:12:01 +0100
To: Robert Stuart <bobstuart@mac.com>
Cc: xproc-dev@w3.org
Robert Stuart <bobstuart@mac.com> writes:
> I run a simple pipeline to run 3 xsl on 10 files  from inside Oxygen and it takes ~9 seconds.
> I run the same from the command line using
> java -cp ../BuildDependencies/xmlcalabash-1.2.1-99/*.jar com.xmlcalabash.drivers.Main test.xpl
> and it takes ~51 seconds
>
> Is this expected for some reason? Do I have something not “right”?

How long does Oxygen take to start up on your machine? The only
practical difference between those two should be the JVM startup tax. If
you’re of a mind to experiment a little, you could try configuring the
pipeline to run in piperack[1] which would also mitigate the JVM startup
overhead.

[1] https://xmlcalabash.com/docs/reference/piperack.html

--
Norman Tovey-Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>