Re: PipX, a portable library of XProc pipelines and steps

>  Thank you for making me realize that I wasted time on this one :-)

Had you listen to me instead of drinking your beer… I told you in Prague :P

> At first glance, I like the definition of the
> language, but I think it lacks examples.  As an example, what would be
> for example the equivalent in XProcSpec of [1] ?

You can have a look at some examples there:
https://github.com/daisy-consortium/xprocspec/tree/master/xprocspec/src/test/xprocspec/tests

Personally I’m not fluent in XProcSpec yet, so I’ll let Jostein chime in if he wants.

> How is it implemented?  Is it platform-independent?  Like
> implemented with XProc only?

Yes, it’s based on XProc and XSLT.

> Do you know if anything exists to generate API documentation based
> on a p:library and its p:documentation elements? (at least for step
> declarations)

There’s XProcDoc:
https://github.com/vojtechtoman/xprocdoc

Jostein also worked on a DITA-based approach at some point, but which was never really finalized IIRC.

But for a new project I would consider using something based on lightweight markup (AsciiDoc, Markdown), which is far easier to write for documentation than any HTML or custom XML.

Romain.