Re: PipX, a portable library of XProc pipelines and steps

On 20 February 2014 09:01, Romain Deltour wrote:

>>  4/ a unit test suite, for simple tests

> Have you considered using XProcSpec ?
> http://daisy-consortium.github.io/xprocspec/

  Thank you for making me realize that I wasted time on this one :-)
Actually I looked for it but could not find it again, so assumed it
was not public.  At first glance, I like the definition of the
language, but I think it lacks examples.  As an example, what would be
for example the equivalent in XProcSpec of [1] ?  Basically it tests
the following:

    <pipx:parameter param-name="foo">
    </pipx:parameter>
      --> <param name="foo">bar</param>

    <pipx:parameter param-name="foo" required="true">
    </pipx:parameter>
      --> <param name="foo">bar</param>

    <pipx:parameter param-name="foo" required="true">
    </pipx:parameter>
      --> error pipx:no-parameter

  How is it implemented?  Is it platform-independent?  Like
implemented with XProc only?

>>  2/ to document precisely each step in the sources using
>>     p:documentation
>>  3/ a simple documentation generation for the website (using
>>     documentation from 2/)

  Do you know if anything exists to generate API documentation based
on a p:library and its p:documentation elements? (at least for step
declarations)

Florent Georges
http://fgeorges.org/
http://h2oconsulting.be/