RE: Simplifying a series of simple p:xslt steps

>   Op 12-10-2010 9:44, vojtech.toman@emc.com schreef:
> > Just for completeness, the recursive pipeline below can be used for applying a
> sequence of XSL transformations to the source document.
> I was searching recently for an xproc eval step, which takes an xproc
> pipeline on one port and a source document (or sequence) on another,
> resulting in the source document being evaluated and the result document
> (or sequence) provided on the result port. In this way, an xquery/xslt
> step could transform the series of xslt's to xproc, provider another
> layer of abstraction. Can we expect such a step in a future version of
> XProc?

At the moment, the XProc processors typically use a custom extension step for the "eval" functionality. Take a look at this email thread:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xproc-dev/2010Jun/0000.html

Personally, I think that a p:eval step would be a nice addition to a future version of XProc, especially since there are user who are asking for this feature. But with its obvious security issues it could also be a double-edged sword.

Regards,
Vojtech

--
Vojtech Toman