RE: EXProc proposal: pxp:hmac-sha1 (and pxp:hmac-md5)

I was thinking about this, too, but my feeling is that would be twisting
of p:hash. In my opinion, p:hash is an implementation of a hash
function, whereas things like HMAC-SHA1 apply a hash function
iteratively.

But I am no expert in cryptography, so maybe what you are proposing is
the right thing to do. It would also be the simplest solution. We would
would only need to say that the message to sign will be read from the
"parameters" port of the p:hash step (or something like that).

Regards,
Vojtech