Re: XProc confuses me; recommendations for learning?

Also, if you want a graphical representation, you could try this in-browser
GUI-type thing:
http://leifw.github.com/pipescape/
You can drag some steps onto the working area, fill in some options, wire
them together, etc, and hit the "View Source" button on the top to see what
the XProc describing that pipeline might look like.
Things like for-loops aren't implemented on there yet, though - it's just
the standard step library at the moment.
-Leif