Re: XProc error messages driving me crazy!

Hello George,

The error as printed in this email is verbatim from Oxygen. I simply right-clicked the error from the errors tab an selected “Copy”. As you can see, there is no line number. :(

I'm used to Oxygen being unbelievably helpful with its error messages, which is why this case drove me crazy. Similar messages have been happening to me during this XProc project, which is unfortunate.

More unfortunate, however, is that this project is for school, and I'm already a bit behind (!), so I simply tried one thing after another until I got it working again.  I don't have a backup of the files as they used to be to reproduce the error. Sorry!  :(.

(ASIDE:
     I do try vey hard to be good about reporting errors in Oxygen—and I have been encourages to continue doing so because the support always responds very quickly and specifically to me. No automated “Bug report received. Thanks. We'll get back to you soon. Maybe. ”

Makes me feel very appreciated and want to keep reporting things as I find them. Feel free to pass that on to you co-workers. :-)

I ended up commenting out my steps one by one until I had it down to 1 main step & 1 library step. Finally I commented out pieces of the library step until I realized that the complaint was about some XPaths in a couple of p:deletes and p:inserts. I fiddled with it and after about 4 or 5 very fast attempts (this is the final project of the semester for me!) I got it working.

I know it's not much and a sample pipeline is preferable, but that's all I can give you this time. I hope it is of some small help!

—Tony

Sent from my iPod Touch