Re: Thoughts on cx:zip

2009/5/26 Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>:
> Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com> writes:

>>>From which I gather you don't support the idea
>> of using variables as per XSLT?
>>
>> A manifest would kill it altogether.
>
> Expressing the manifest as an XML document doesn't prevent
> indirection. The question is, what's the best way to provide that
> indirection.

If the manifest is an external XML document, I couldn't use
 variables within that manifest since they wouldn't be 'expanded'?

>> So no indirection in xproc?
>
> If by "indirection" you mean the ability to compute the manifest at
> runtime, using either variables/parameters or a list of the current
> files on disk, then you can absolutely use indirection.

No, I want to be able to list the files I want to be included
within the zip using variables which the xproc implementation
will then expand at runtime.

E.g. my ant list (in build.properties) reads

zip_file_list="${html_stylesheet}  ${my_schema_rng}  ${main_fo_stylesheet}  \
${listimages_stylesheet} ${listimages_sh_stylesheet}  ${css_stylesheet}  \
${xmlcatalog}  ${build_properties}  ${build_properties_sh}  ${build_sh}  \
${build_xml}  ${cp_images_sh} ${test_docbook_xml} ${testprops_xsl} \
${antvars_sh_py}  ${example_catalog} ${catalog_manager}"

If that was in your external file I'm presuming it wouldn't be expanded?

Does no one else see the potential for scoped variables in xproc?

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.