RE: What is the mental model of XProc?

> I don't see a contradiction between
>
>    "streams of XML flowing through steps"
> and
>   "dividing problems into bite-sized chunks"

What I meant is:

    XProc is not about creating subroutines
    that are invoked with arguments.

This weekend I caught myself falling back into old programming habits of creating subroutines. I was trying to do FORTRAN in XProc.

I am trying to learn how to write good XProc pipelines. But what is a good XProc pipeline? What are the characteristics of good XProc pipelines?

What do you think?

/Roger