Re: Fileutils

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 6:43 PM, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:
> James Fuller <james.fuller.2007@gmail.com> writes:

>> cool, could we add a fail-on-error option which is set to true by
>> default on all the steps, but could be overridden if different
>> behavior is desired.
>
> We could. But do you really want to ignore failure for any of these?

mainly I would like to reduce the try/catch verbosity ... and yes we
could add this option to every step ... but I think its pragmatic with
respect to working with transient file systems. Prime example would be
for using with cfx:delete; perhaps I would like to delete a file and
its not there and I don't care.

>> also any thoughts on ?
>>
>> cfx:head
>> cfx:tail
>
> They're sort of tricky wrt XML.

the main bifurcation is with binary or text ... easy enough to
implement a pipeline doing this for example using optional p:exec step
but mainly the value is with cross platform compatibility with these
commands.

Jim Fuller