Re: Calabash problem - primary port(s)

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 4:23 PM, Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/12/7 James Fuller <james.fuller.2007@gmail.com>:
>> checkout
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/docs/langspec.html#ex1
>>
>> is a good example of p:output getting bound .... the logic especially
>> starts making sense in multi branch xproc.

> That makes sense (to some extent)
> For the overall pipleline, take the output from the result port of the
> validated step.
>
> No problem.
>
> So, If I understand this...
>
> p:input wrapper
>   p:document tells it where to take input from
>
> p:output wrapper
>   p:document tells it where to get output from
>
> Which written like that seems daft IMHO.
>
> p:output wrapper
>  p:document tells it where to put output
>
> is a more logical user view IMHO.
>

> In summary, for an atomic step
> I can't say, within the pipeline, where to
> get input from, and where to put output to?
> I have to use defaults+the implementation params?

thats not the case, u *can* say from within your pipeline, using for
example a p:store step

or you can resort to defining output binding uri from a commandline switch

to be more verbose and explicit you could use p:load step instead of
binding document to a port on your pipeline step.

ps: I think you are looking for some sugar here ... which I agree
would be useful.

hth, Jim Fuller