Re: What is lost if xsd:choice is jettisoned?

Just my 2 cents

I work on a very large project with over 100 engineers building clients and services using Java and ObjC.  Most of these engineers are fairly inexperience and are not experts on xml schema. <choice> is very easy for them to understand, "ref" causes lots of confusion and bugs.

We use choice in our request/response definitions. The response is either a "result" or an "error". Switching our interfaces to work this way has dramatically reduced the number of bugs in our system

Please do not remove <choice>

 I am not sure how well it is supported in JAXB/XJC. We do not have any support of "ref" in ObjC code generators. Does libxml run time validate refs correctly?

Andy