Re: trouble creating javax.xml.validation.Validator from locally cached version of XMLSchema.xsd

On 04/01/2011 21:09, Andy Davidson wrote:
> Hi
>
> I need to write a code generation tool that takes in XSD files as
> input. The first thing I want to do is make sure the XSD input file is
> valid.

The best way of validating a schema is to check that it's acceptable to
a schema processor. This is a much more rigorous check than testing for
validity against the schema-for-schemas, and it may also be faster.

Michael Kay
Saxonica