Re: Need some examples of characters that match this regex: \p[N]

On 12/30/2010 3:25 PM, Costello, Roger L. wrote:
> How do I obtain the Roman numeral X so that I can check it with Oxygen
> XML's Regular Expression Builder?

Roman numeral X is U+2169.  You can use the name index to find them:
http://www.unicode.org/charts/charindex.html
I'm not sure of the best way to find out the General Category of the
characters.  You can look in the character database
(http://www.unicode.org/ucd/  see especially
http://www.unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/UnicodeData.txt), but maybe there
is an easier way.

> More generally, how do I enter character entities into Oxygen XML's Regular Expression Builder? For example, the hex value of the digit 2 is x32. I entered this character entity reference in Oxygen XML's Regular Expression Builder:
>
>     2
>
> And it didn't match on \p{N}
There I can't help you.  Maybe the expression builder is matching
characters and isn't doing the XML processing to translate the entity.

Kevin