Re: trouble with content models

On 15/12/2010 03:43, Andy Davidson wrote:
> Hi
>
> its been a while since I worked with XML Schema. I am not sure I am
> posting to the correct group. I want to define a content model (a | b
> | (a &b))
>
> Any idea how I can do this?
You could do that using xs:all. However, your code suggests that you are
actually trying to define (ab | cd | abcd) which can't be tackled that
way, though it can be done easily enough as (((ab)? cd) | cd).

When I see content models like this, I'm always inclined to ask why? I
can see an argument for a very strict order of children, or for a very
liberal order, I find it harder to see how a requirement arises for
something in between.

Michael Kay
Saxonica