Re: trouble with content models

Hi Andy,

Would something like the following work?

<group name="POSTransactionLineItemDiscountByAmount"
id="POSTransactionLineItemDiscountByAmount">
  <sequence>
     <element name="discountAmount" type="decimal" minOccurs="0"/>
     <element name="discountAmountReasonCode" type="string" minOccurs="0"/>
  </sequence>
</group>

<group name="POSTransactionLineItemDiscountByPercent">
  <sequence>
  <element name="discountPercentage" type="decimal" minOccurs="0"/>
        <element name="discountPercentageReasonCode" type="string"
minOccurs="0"/>
  </sequence>
</group>

<complexType name="POSTransactionLineItemDiscount">
  <sequence>
       <choice>
        <sequence>
       <group ref="pos:POSTransactionLineItemDiscountByAmount" />
       <group ref="pos:POSTransactionLineItemDiscountByPercent"
minOccurs="0" />
        </sequence>
       <group ref="pos:POSTransactionLineItemDiscountByPercent" />
       </choice>
 </sequence>
</complexType>

i.e. ((a & b?) | b)

Also, do you mean your group members such as discountAmount to have
minOccurs="0"?  I think this defeats your wanting to have your & condition
as POSTransactionLineItemDiscountByAmount &
POSTransactionLineItemDiscountByPercent may be present but
POSTransactionLineItemDiscountByPercent could be empty.

HTH,

Pete Cordell
Codalogic Ltd
Interface XML to C++ the easy way using C++ XML
data binding to convert XSD schemas to C++ classes.
Visit http://codalogic.com/lmx/ or http://www.xml2cpp.com
for more info