Re: XML Schema 1.1 for Managers

Excellent stuff !

I have passed it to the other team members of our CDISC "XML Governance
Team" (CDISC provides XML-based standards for use in clinical research).
Together with the information that Apache Xerces-J is working on an
implementation, this might mean that we move all our schemas to version 1.1
early next year.
Our standards will highly benefit from this as:
- a good number of the rules in our standards can currently not be expressed
with XML-Schema 1.0, but they can with Schematron, so moving to 1.1 is a
"great step for mankind"
- our extensions use xsd:redefine which is not (correctly) supported by
XMLSpy (but is by most other validators). This causes a problem as some
authorities like the FDA have standardized on XMLSpy.
Presume (but haven't looked into yet) that "override" is more powerful. Hope
that XMLSpy will support that.

Speaking about MS parsers. Is there any news there about future support by
Microsoft for XML-Schema 1.1? E.g. are there any .Net validating parsers in
development ?

Best regards,

Jozef Aerts
CDISC volunteer