From: George Cristian Bina [ <mailto:george@oxygenxml.com>
mailto:george@oxygenxml.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 12:35 PM
To: Bharath Kumar Reddy T
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org; ashutosh_p@huawei.com; ranjit@huawei.com
Subject: Re: restriction against base type (choice - elt)

Hi Bharath,

It looks valid to me because the head from the base is treated as a choice
of head, m1 and m2, see

 <http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#cos-particle-restrict>
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#cos-particle-restrict

2.1 Any top-level element declaration particle (in R or B) which is the
{substitution group affiliation} of one or more other element declarations
and whose .substitution group. contains at least one element declaration
other than itself is treated as if it were a choice group whose {min occurs}
and {max occurs} are those of the particle, and whose {particles} consists
of one particle with {min occurs} and {max occurs} of 1 for each of the
declarations in its .substitution group..

Best Regards,
George
--
George Cristian Bina