From: xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org [mailto:xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Michael Kay
Sent: Wednesday, 14 January 2009 5:36 AM
To: 'XML4Pharma'; xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Subject: RE: HL7-v3-XML namespaces

In my view it makes sense to associate a namespace one-to-one with a specification document that describes and defines the meanings of the names in that namespace. It really doesn't matter whether these names are used in a single type of document or message, or in 400 different types of message. If it makes sense to define the messages in a single spec, then it also makes sense to use a single namespace.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/