Re: Doubt in non-deterministic content model

On 17 Feb 2009, at 03:14 , Bharath Kumar Reddy T wrote:

> Hi..
>
> The following schema is non deterministic since the parser will not
> determine whether it should compare the element in the instance
> document with 1st element declaration or 2nd element declaration.
> For the following schema also same scenario is present. But one of
> the xml Parsers is not giving any error. Can any body tell me
> whether the following schema is non-deterministic or not?

No, it's not non-deterministic.

If your type 'derived' were an extension rather than a restriction
of type 'base', I think you'd have a case of non-determinism; was
there a typo in your example?

* C. M. Sperberg-McQueen
* http://www.blackmesatech.com
* http://cmsmcq.com/mib