Re: Conditional Levels of a Schema

Technically this sounds nice ...

but, if I do understand it well, this means that you have two different
(versions of the) schemas, with the same namespace, and different (although
slightly different) content.

This is something, just from a principal point of view, I do not like.
My principle is "new standard (version) => new schema (version) => new
namespace".
I have seen standards, where each subsequent version used the same
namespace, though the schemas were different.
I have even seen different standards (root element is different), with
different schemas, all having the same namespace.

When allowing different schemas (i.e. different rules) having the same
namespace, you know where you start, but you do not know where you end
(probably in disaster).
For example, how do you work when you need to write an extension of one
schema with elements/attributes of the other, when both have the same
namespace?

In your case, I would definitely opt for writing a schematron (which is a
good excercise anyway).  ;-)

With best regards,

Jozef

Jozef Aerts