RE: Empty complexType with mixed="true"

Thank you.

Shlomo

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Kay [mailto:mike@saxonica.com]
Sent: Tue 3/18/2008 10:56 AM
To: Shlomo Yona; xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Subject: RE: Empty complexType with mixed="true"

If a complex type is empty, then no child elements are allowed. But if the
mixed=true, then you are still allowed text nodes, comments, and processing
instructions as children; and even if mixed=false, you are still allowed
comments and processing instructions (and empty CDATA sections, I think). So
it's wrong to say that an empty complex type disallows all content.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

  _____