RE: enabling/disabling assertions

There's a conditional inclusion mechanism in XSDL 1.1

http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-xmlschema11-1-20070830/#cip

that answers part of the requirement; it's designed to enable facilities to
be ignored based on the version of XSDL supported by the processor. It's
been designed in the (perhaps optimistic) hope that it can be retrofitted to
XSDL 1.0 processors.

There's nothing in the spec however that allows you to switch off assertion
checking if you're using a 1.1 processor that supports the facility. It
could be a product option, however.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/