Re: XML schema help for an XML document

I think, this is not possible in the current XSD language.

Though as a workaround, you can consider treating the attributes in
question as elements. Then you can use xs:choice instruction to get
the behaviour you are asking for.

for e.g., as following:

<xs:element name="Menuitem">
  <xs:complexType>
    <xs:choice>
      <xs:element name="ApplicationPath" type="xs:string"/>
      <xs:element name="ID" type="xs:string"/>
    </xs:choice>
    <xs:attribute name="name" type="xs:string" />
    <xs:attribute name="Description" type="xs:string" />
  </xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

I am not sure, if XML Schema language 1.1 will allow the provision you
are asking for.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi