RE: Schema Newbie Boxed in a corner . . .

At 12:20 AM 4/26/2008, Michael Kay wrote:
>Generally, that's not a good way of designing your XML, which
>explains why there is no way of describing your design in XML
>Schema. It's best to use element and attribute names to denote
>types, and element or attribute values to contain instance data.

I was afraid that would be the answer . . .

Unfortunately, the Application is up and running on hundreds of
customer sites and dependent on the current setup.

Rolling to something new will complicate things because we have to
maintain backwards compatibility for systems with old data, but it
think having a schema to verify additions is important enough we
probably will bite the bullet and make the change.

Thanks for confirming my fears.  ;-)

Frank