From: xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org [mailto:xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Markus Gamperl
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 6:18 AM
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Subject: xs:unique question

Hi.

I have defined the following complex type with a unique:

<xs:complexType name="root">
 <xs:sequence>
  <xs:element name="name" type="xs:string"/>
  <xs:element name="daten" nillable="true">
   <xs:complexType>
    <xs:sequence>
     <xs:element name="preiszeile">
       <xs:complexType>
        <xs:sequence maxOccurs="unbounded">
        <xs:element name="zweig" type="xs:integer"/>
        <xs:element name="herkunft" type="xs:integer"/>
        <xs:element name="anzahlen" type="xs:string"/>
     </xs:sequence>
    </xs:complexType>
   </xs:element>
  </xs:sequence>
 </xs:complexType>
 <xs:unique name="uniquepreis">
  <xs:selector xpath="preiszeile"/>
  <xs:field xpath="zweig"/>
  <xs:field xpath="herkunft"/>
 </xs:unique>
</xs:element>
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>

example for a xml file:
<root>
 <name>76</name>
  <daten>
   <preiszeile>
        <zweig>11</zweig>
        <herkunft>0</herkunft>
        <anzahlen>test</anzahlen>
   </preiszeile>
   <preiszeile>
        <zweig>11</zweig>
        <herkunft>0</herkunft>
        <anzahlen>test</anzahlen>
   </preiszeile>
   <preiszeile>
        <zweig>11</zweig>
        <herkunft>0</herkunft>
        <anzahlen>test</anzahlen>
   </preiszeile>
  </daten>
</root>

I want a unique key over all zweig + herkunft elements.
Therefore I used xs:unique but it don't work...

Thanks
Markus