Re: When to make a new vocabulary...

Hi Adam,

Fortuno, Adam <Adam.Fortuno@Metavante.com> writes:

> Consumer lending is different enough from mortgage lending that I would
> prefer to develop a new vocabulary to handle it. However, other believe
> strongly we should modify the existing schema.

I would say create a new vocabulary. If the two have a substantial
sub-vocabulary in common, factor it out into a base vocabulary (e.g,
call it basic-lending) and reuse it in both consumer-lending and
mortgage-lending.

BTW, this problem is pretty similar to the OO problem of creating two
separate classes vs lumping two relatively unrelated functionalities
into one class. I believe the consensus in OO is to create two classes
with a common base if necessary.

HTH,
Boris

--