Re: Xml Schema profile

Hi Paul,

paul.downey@bt.com <paul.downey@bt.com> writes:

> Do people have good experiences using Substitution Groups
> in conjunction with Databinding tools?

I can only speak for the tool that we are developing. We've had
support for substitution groups (along with the xsi:type dynamic
typing) for a while now. I also know from the messages on our
mailing list that people are successfully using our tool on
schemas that use substitution groups extensively (e.g., OVAL,
FpML).

>From the XML data binding implementer's perspective I can also say
that it is fairly straightforward to support substitution groups
once you have support for xsi:type.

hth,
-boris

--