Re: [xmlschema-dev] Entity

Hi Bala,

The document is valid against the schema. It depends how you invoke the
validation, in this case you should make sure you do only XML Schema
validation (not DTD validation) and you should specify the schema
externally as the document does not refer it.
If you change the sample document like

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<!DOCTYPE root [
   <!ENTITY copy "sample">
]>
<root xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="sample.xsd">
      <test>this is the test &copy; node</test>
</root>

then you will have the schema referred by the document.

If you use XercesJ for validation for instance you can set the
http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/properties/schemaLanguage property to
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema in order to validate against the XML
Schema and not against the DTD.

Best Regards,