RE: Question about datatype

As far as I have been able to tell, the terms "type" and "datatype" are
synonymous in XML Schema, though by custom and practice the term "datatype"
is generally used only when referring to simple types.

In the XSLT and XQuery groups we decided to stick to "type".

l , this is the start of the mail thread but the question I'm > asking here
arises at the and of the thread.