RE: Xml Schema profile

I think previous attempts to identify what could be left out achieved little
consensus: it seems it's rather like Microsoft Word: everyone thinks there
are too many features, but no-one agrees which features are unnecessary.

You seem to be approaching this from the perspective of code-generation
tools. These notoriously tend to leave out the features that don't have
ready-made equivalents in conventional programming languages. But for people
using XML Schema for its original purpose, namely document validation, these
features are extremely important.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/