RE: RE: Resctriction problem on complexType

Mike Kay writes:

> I suspect you've hit one of the cases where the algorithm in
> the spec fails to allow restrictions that in fact make perfect sense.

Note that there is an excellent chance that Schema 1.1 will be revised to
allow such seamingly sensible restrictions.  Basically, what's changed
since Schema 1.0 and Schema 1.1 is that enough smart people have worked
through the algorithms to the point where we think we can safely say: "if
the the restricted content model allows no instances (specifically no
lists of elements to be matched by the content model) disallowed by the
base, then it's legal".  In the 1.0 timeframe, we knew that's what we
wanted, but weren't sure it was a practical check for processor builders
to implement, given the specific features of our content models.  So, look
for that as a likely change in 1.1.

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street