Re: Hiding namespace prefixes in the instance document

Hi Antti,

It seems a bug in how the generated document is created, for instance
oXygen creates the following document if you give it the
Importer_Schema.xsd:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ImporterSchema xmlns="importer:schema:namespace"
    xsi:schemaLocation="importer:schema:namespace Importer_Schema.xsd">
   <ImportedComplexType>
     <ImportedElement xmlns=""></ImportedElement>
   </ImportedComplexType>
</ImporterSchema>

As you can see the ImportedElement is correctly placed in no namespace
by resetting the default namespace using xmlns="".

I think in general you should clarify what namespaces you want for your
elements and then create the schema for them. There are a couple of
things you should have clear in mind when you define elements. You can
have in a schema global elements and local elements. The global elements
belong to the schema target namespace. The local elements belong either
to no namespace or to the schema target namespace depending on the
element/@form attribute or if that is not present depending on the
schema/@elementFormDefault attribute. If none of these are present the
local elements belong to no namespace as the elementFormDefault
attribute default value is unqualified.

In your case the ImportedElement is a local element and you have
schema/@elementFormDefault="unqualified" so the ImportedElement is
defined in no namespace.

Hope that helps,
George