RE: Restricting attribute content to not include a specific string

Well, this is certainly possible in XSD!

I like the following encoding most because "unknown" appears magically
in the diagonal :-) Of course, life would be much easier if we were
provided with complement or set difference operations more directly.

Ralf

    <xs:simpleType>
      <xs:restriction base="xs:string">
        <xs:pattern value="([^u].*)?"/>