Re: Image information in XML

Hi Shashi,

Yes.  You can compress the whole of the XML message with the image data
contained in it.  Just looking at the JPEG part of a payload I did some
quick tests and it seems that compressing would compensate for the base64
expansion:

JPEG file:     105,482 bytes (where , has its UK meaning)
JPEG -> ZIP file:     105,417 bytes (implies JPEG is working well!)
JPEG -> Base64 file:     144,346 bytes (includes some extra line feeds in
addition to 4/3 expansion)
JPEG -> Base64 -> ZIP file:     109, 293 bytes

This does show that compressing can get back much of what you loose by
Base64 encoding.

Regards,

Pete.
Pete Cordell